Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Marvelous Menu Monday & an Experiment

Many of you out there make menus.  I am one of those such people.  I have to plan ahead or I am totally lost in the kitchen at meal times fumbling around trying to figure out what to make.  Only to realize that when I would come up with an idea, I wouldn't have all of the ingredients.

The really cool thing about this weeks menu...my grocery list is very short.  I went through the fridge, freezers and pantry and came up with this.

Monday
Rabbit Noodle Soup
Homemade Bread

Tuesday
Spaghetti with Ground Sausage in the Sauce
Maple Glazed Carrots

Wednesday
Wednesday Night Connect
(Family Bible Study at Church, Dinner Included, I will donate $5)

Thursday
Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms
Mashed Potatoes
Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing

Friday
Taco Soup
Corn Muffins

Saturday
Smoked Country Style Ribs with BBQ Sauce
Acorn Squash
Butter and Herb Flavored Noodles

Sunday
Orange Marmalade Glazed BBQ Chicken
Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon Crumbles
Homemade Bread


Grocery List for the week
Gallon of Organic Milk
Buttermilk
Organic Bananas
Organic Apples
Organic Canola Oil (because I ran out)
Bag of Organic Potatoes
Organic Juice or Milk Box (for field trip sack lunch)

My Fred Meyer receipt totaled $14.63.  Excellent for  a weeks worth of food for 5.  They are no longer carrying the organic canola oil I like, I will get by with organic olive oil this week.

I LOVE it when my list looks like this.  In order to have such a short list we had to make some hefty meat purchases at various points throughout the year.  I plan to place a deposit for a pig later this month so we can continue to have yummy ribs and sausage spaghetti.  One day though, we hope to be raising our own beef and maybe pork.





So what is my experiment your ask?  My mother-in-law came down for my son's birthday and brought me a scoby.  I have my first batch of kombucha brewing!!!  I'm so excited to let you know how it turned out!

Blessings,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment